The Touch of Snow ❄


It was morning, we headed from our hotel at Katra to Patnitop. Since the arrival at Katra, the weather forecast was declaring possibilities of heavy snowfall. So as we begin our journey we were able to feel the weather, it was cloudy at the beginning then slowly it gets dark. We were still on way towards Patnitop, and rain starts to begin.

Green-silver hills, music, and hot tea with aloo parathas; a perfect pleasant combination. I was able to see the hill's peak changing color from green to white. It was a clear sign that snowfall started. I was happy cause it will be going to my first ever encounter with snowfall. And a few moments later, I experienced my first ever snowfall.


I still remember how these tiny light small-flakes  ❄❄❄  falling over me and then turning into water drops 💧💧💧 (behind the scene my Mumma was scolding to get inside the shade while my sister supporting me 😛). It was just the start of the story, as we headed near to Patnitop my happiness was at the peak.

At our next stop, we rented some pair of gloves, boots, and a ski jacket. It was just the preparation to play in the snow, which we intruded on by the appearance of the road. We were sure *Winter Is Here*. Though I was surprised to see many army trucks with troops in this extreme condition. Our driver told us, they are heading to their new check posts and it is regular (later on we get to know Balakot Air Strike took place and IAF officially declared it to the public). Anyway, snow was waiting and I was prepared (except my body. I feel too much of cold just ask my squad, they will explain my relationship with cold).

Everything seems to be black and white.


Once we reached Patnitop, we were supposed to walk over the snowy road to reach our hotel. After 30 minutes of struggles, we reached the hotel. Believe me, it's not that easy to walk on a snowy road, with slopes and luggage 😓. Then we went to the snow park though snowfall was still in progress. The park was fully covered with fresh snow, no one can't see anything other than snow. And there were several activities going on. The best part was, due to the fresh snowfall there wasn't too much crowd. There I had several activities and yeah unforgettable memory with the family.


It was lovely and peaceful.
😍😍😍

Comments

Hey, have you read these interesting posts?

Shramshakti: The Love 🚆

An unexpected guest 🚪

Kalka-Shimla Mountain Railways 🚞