A Night at Kasol: UNO Caught 🌃

Dusk started to cover the Kasol. Stars and the moon were taking their positions. So we decided to return back to our camp from the Jim Morrison Cafe. That day we already spent a lot of time on the streets, so we were familiar with the road and we didn't ask Google aunty to guide us.

At night, Kasol was shinning with lights. Although that night, the city was packed with the crowd. While standing there, I was able to feel a different kind of satisfaction. Around me, there were people laughing and hanging with their mates, and the best part everyone was engaged in themselves. A fusion of music with the heavy sound of running water of the Parvati river was breaking the series of silence. Apart from this, a trance music beat was not leaving my head. It was in my head since we left the cafe. I wish, I could gather some courage and asked the cafe staff for the track name, cause I even don't know how to search for music beats on Google.

No doubts all cities look amazing at night. It's like someone added contrast and more colors in the picture. Or maybe I love the nightlife of cities. We decided to spend some time in the market before returning to our camp. Since Kasol is famous as a hippie destination, so in the market mostly you will find relatable hippie stuff. We were more into clothing and unique stuff, so we started with these shops. Bhaskar was the first among us while Iuc was the last, to buy some stuff from Kasol.

On the way back to camp we were passing by the German Bakery, we smelled a strong aroma of coffee and vanilla. And what was next? We were at the bakery and had hot chocolate banana waffles in the chilled night, and it was so tasty that we took hardly 30 seconds to finish. This didn't end here, walking a few steps ahead there was another bakery, Rakha German Bakery. This bakery caught our attention due to the Harry Potter theme music. So we decided to give a shot there. And we packed varieties of muffins, for dessert after dinner.


At last, after many unexpected stoppages, we were at the base camp and luckily none of us were missing. At camp, the bonfire and music were already set up. Without wasting time we went there. And like others, we settled around the bonfire to warm ourselves. I didn't expect it will be so soothing. We were sitting there for some time, clicked some photos of flames. Then we went to dinner organized in the base camp. My friend recommended eating Rajma-Chawl at Kasol. At day, we didn't find but at night we were served with delicious North Indian meal which included rajma-chawal.


Just after the dinner, Punnu came with UNO. So we settled in one of our tents. Outside it was too cold but the inside scene was different. We were fighting to get in a blanket. And after a lot of adjustments we were able to settle. Bhaskar was sitting at my left side and Punnu was on the right. MC was on Punnu's right and Iuc was on Bhaskar's left. Punnu was shuffling cards and Iuc was describing all set of rules of this game. Then Bhaskar and MC built some confidence to play. We started the game after finishing muffins.


7 cards were distributed to each player. The rest deck was placed in the center. The circle made by us got bigger after the distribution. Our focus was more towards hiding the cards instead of the comfort sitting inside the blanket. The game begins, I played my first card. With time, I had left with only two cards. I was hoping Punnu won't spoil my game. As Punnu played his turn I was so relieved. I played my turn. Now I was left with only one card, I was too close to winning. All sudden a voice came breaking the silence of our camp. “Uno caught!” I went numb. The voice was of Iuc. And the trance song on my head finally get paused and “Dost dost nah rha...” started to play. Instead of winning the game, I was about to lose. And the only question which I was asking myself was “How could I forget this?

Although winning and losing is part of the game. But that time instead of winning, it was much satisfying to call an Uno caught. I guess the dialogue of 3 idiots fits here: “Dost fail ho jaye toh dukh hota hai, lekin dost first aa jaye toh zyada dukh hota hai...

With laughter and good vibes, we ended our game. It was too late and we were having a long trek in the morning, so we forced everyone to sleep. For MC, we locked him in his tent so that he cannot leave us alone to see the sunrise. This way we ended a beautiful night!



Comments

  1. Amazing Feels .... Btw win or lose but don't get UNO CAUGHT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. Also catching someone "UNO Caught" is more than a win. ^_^

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey, I appreciate that you made some time from your busy schedule and reading this blog.

A BIG THANKS ❤

Hey, have you read these interesting posts?

Shramshakti: The Love 🚆

An unexpected guest 🚪

Kalka-Shimla Mountain Railways 🚞