Facing my nightmare 😱

It was my Diwali holiday. After years, this time I took a long leave from my work, and I decided to spend time with my family. In the morning, I was back from the Varanasi trip with my family. And tomorrow morning I will be returning for New Delhi. I was totally exhausted, so I decided to spend a full day enjoying and resting.

Usually, when I feel exhausted, I love to do work that I love a lot. Like, watching Harry Potter or sleeping. So, I decided to watch the Harry Potter series while resting on my mother's lap. Everything is going as per expectations. So I planned my further schedule. I planned to get dinner by 8 pm, then will be sleep by 10 pm listening to my favorite songs, later around 4 am I will be getting ready and pack my bag at that time. Finally by 5 am I will leave my home for the railway station with Auto-walle-Bhaiya, where I will board the train which is at a sharp 6.

When I went to have dinner, I received a message from my colleague regarding a change in the demo plan of the module which I am working on. So I am left with no other option, to finish by night. I gathered some energy and targeted to finish it. Despite extremely tired, I completed everything by 1 am and then I went to sleep with hope to gain the track of my existing schedule.
Anyone can agree with this, the quality of sleep is good when you are extremely exhausted. My subconscious brain is chilling in its fantasy world. All sudden my conscious mind sends an alert signal when it hears the voice of my mother. She is standing aside and saying "Uth jaao beta, bahut late ho gyi hai...". I checked the time and it is already 5:15 am. I started to shiver and my heartbeat is at the peak. It was like my nightmare which is coming true. Yes, I have a fear to miss my train, and honestly, I never want to miss my train in any condition. I got to know my parents were also unable to get up on time, and Auto-walle-Bhaiya was the one who woke all of us. In a hurry, I packed everything which I was able to recognize. I only had brush and skipped the shower. Finally by 5:30 am I left my home for the station.

Once Mishra, one of my ex-roommate, missed his morning Shatabdi Express in Delhi when he went to a wrong station to board it. This time I am suspecting to have a similar thing will be going to happen with me. This time I have learned, never to make fun of someone's situation cause Time can create a similar situation for you, but there you can't laugh at yourself.

It is dark outside and street lights are there lighting the road. We have a race against time. We have 20 minutes only to cover the 8 km distance. I have hopes to reach but I am equally scared. Thankfully by 5.45 am we entered the Cantt side check-post road. But this narrow road is choked with many cars which are going/returning from the station. At 5.50 am, we reached near to the entrance gate of the station and there we realized heavy congestion on the road. Auto-walle-Bhaiya asked me to walk through the sidewalk otherwise it will be impossible to catch the train with the current traffic status.

Crossing all barriers and security check-posts, I am standing in front of my blue-gray colored train set. The moment I stepped inside it, the train made a loud whistle and started the movement. After settling in my allocated seat, two questions gathered my attention:
  1. What happens if I decide to wait in auto instead of going through the sidewalk?
  2. Is laughing at anyone's tough situation is always justified?

Comments

Hey, have you read these interesting posts?

Shramshakti: The Love 🚆

An unexpected guest 🚪

Kalka-Shimla Mountain Railways 🚞