That old contact 📱

Imagine a situation. While scrolling in your phone contact book, a familiar name appears in the list. That name, who once used to be yours one of the frequent contacts. Before you could realize anything, that name connects you with several memories of the past, when both of you were in touch. I bet this is relatable to you. So same with me.
It's not our first call to disconnect with these people. Sometimes, we lose touch due to unexpected reasons, over which we do not have any control. In academics, generally, these causes are either stream change or relocation. And in work life, it's mostly the job switch. I remember, when I resigned from my first company. Along with my resignation letter, I was also quitting the bond which I had to have with the colleagues. Although, a few are in touch still there are many who are now just an acquaintance.

However, I wonder what if someday I text them, then how will be they going to react? Maybe they actually forgot otherwise they could have already reached to me. Or maybe I am just overthinking. Whatever! The question, which mostly bothers me, is "Why their contact is on my list?" For sure, I am not building a data warehouse for which I need these contacts.

Life could be unexpected, a friend could become unknown and an unknown could become your friend. And the story behind these transitions is very much amusing. But the power behind these transitions is only the time.

- Gaurav Purwar

We need to admit that everything happens for some good purpose. And we should appreciate everyone's presence in our life, still if that was for a short period. When I have to say goodbye so I get nervous. I was concentrating on what I am leaving behind. But recently, I have started to see the other side as well, i.e., what will be going to come afterward. It's like gambling, sometimes it could be worst and sometimes it's like winning a jackpot.

Still, I am not sure what to do with those contacts, which are saved in my phonebook but are no longer in touch. Should I delete them or should I keep them?

Comments

Hey, have you read these interesting posts?

Shramshakti: The Love 🚆

An unexpected guest 🚪

Kalka-Shimla Mountain Railways 🚞