BTech Khatam 🎓

It is a Sunday eve. I have my final project presentation pending, which is scheduled for the upcoming Tuesday. After attending my sister's marriage reception, I am on the way back to my college.
Usually, on weekends if you are boarding a bus for Noida, from Kanpur ISBT, then believe me you will definitely experience a heavy crowd. And in case if you don't have a reservation, then it is really tough to get a vacant seat on any AC bus. Well, this time I don't have any escape plan so for the worst scenario I am mentally prepared to board an Ordinary bus, cause right now I have a do or die situation. Somehow that day it happened differently. The knowledge which I have for the weekend and Kanpur ISBT, it actually contrasts that day. Without wasting a single minute I boarded the first bus in the queue of AC buses which were heading to Noida.

With a sigh of relief... I achieved the toughest task so easily. Then I memorized all pending items which I need to do before reaching my college. And I picked the most important "remind Mishra to meet me at Noida City Center Metro Station at 8 am", cause based on my calculation I might reach Noida in between at 7.30 am - 8.00 am. Just after reminding Mishra, I contacted one of my project mates regarding our project status.

The bus which I board, is from the Allahabad Depot and Kanpur ISBT is among one of its stoppages. Its interior is quite fresh, I guess it's a new bus in this route. For now, everything was going as per my expectations, so I didn't have an issue yet. I focused my concentration on the road, and I don't remember when I actually fell asleep.

It is 5.30 in the morning, somehow my sleep broken up. I peeked through the curtain of the window, and there I realized a series of road studs, which were fascinating and actually familiar. I checked my current location on Google Map and there I got to know the bus is about to reach the Pari Chowk, Noida. It means in the next 20-30 minutes I will be going to reach my destination.

As I deboarded the bus, I had mixed emotions. I wasn't sure, should I need to be happy cause I reached before the expected time? Or should I need to be sad cause this actually impacted my series of tasks? My meeting with Mishra is important cause he will be shifting with me in my flat, but I can't wait at the bus station for the next 2 hours. My sleep whispered, "Let's go-to the flat and have a nap".

After meeting Mishra, around 11.00 am I headed for the college campus. It's already late, and I am very much hungry. Again I planned my future steps. I know maximum by 12.00 pm I will be at the hostel, but the mess opens at 1.30 pm, until then, I will spend time in Bhurri's room, then we will go for lunch together.

As I reached to the college hostel gate, I noticed Bhurri is going somewhere. We didn't talk in the last 3-4 days, so I am not sure where he is leaving for. I asked him, and he said his group gave their presentation in the morning, so officially "BTech Khatam" for them. So he is leaving the hostel and heading to his relative, in Delhi. This news hit me deep. In his cranky voice, he asked me that I bought some sweets for him or not. I went numb. I was numb, not because I didn't bring sweets for anyone, but actually I didn't realize officially my college life is coming to an end, and my all-crime-partner is going in front of me. In a sad tone, I wished him goodbye.

As I entered my hostel building flashback starts to appear. Every floor has a unique memory with them. While stepping from the ground to first, first to second, and second to my floor(third floor), I noticed mostly doors are locked with a new lock. My hunger was turned into sadness. And all this is not something which I considered in my TODO's list. Well, officially "BTech Khatam"!
The moment when you realize, that you will not go to attend college.
Your college life actually ends.

- Gaurav Purwar



Other posts from this series:

Comments

Hey, have you read these interesting posts?

Shramshakti: The Love 🚆

An unexpected guest 🚪

Kalka-Shimla Mountain Railways 🚞