3 bachelors and 1 door key 🔑

After the end of my hostel life, the time is about to step up for the next journey of life, where a person starts to understand a key balance between work and personal life along with all household responsibilities. However, the journey will be going to joyful cause it will be with friends.


Now, let me introduce my companions who are going to be with me on this journey. The first friend is Mission. He is my college mate and next-door neighbor in the hostel. In the morning of the exam, you can find me in his room doing stupid stuff with my revision work. So yeah I am very comfortable with him cause he tolerated me for the past 2 years. The Second friend is Mishra. One of my besties and school mate. We know each other for the past 9 years and now we have a rock-solid bond. However, our first meet was not so cool. He sent me to the last bench, on my first day of the new school, cause he wants to share his bench with his bestie. That's past, and now things are quite changed.

On the 4th of June, Mission and I shifted to our new destination A1/312, and on 7th June Mishra joined us. In the beginning, Mission and Mishra were strangers to each other. But with time they built a good understanding. During the initial days, there were several challenges and obstacles which we conquered. And the toughest was to manage the door's lock key. Yeah, we have a single key of the door with 3 consumers to use. Everything is fine till Mission isn't working. Cause Mishra has a night shift and (officially) I do have a day shift. And Mission is always there to fill the gap. So yeah we never thought to arrange 3 duplicate keys.

After the Mission's intimation about his new job, we started to look for options but due to the complexity of the key structure, a duplicate key was a failure. Soon the day comes when 3 of us started to go for work. In the starting days, we used to hide the key in an envelope and handover it to the guard so that other person can receive it from the guard. Usually, Mission and I go together early in the morning but Mission is the first to reach home in the evening. By 5 pm Mishra uses to leave for his work and then he returns back the next day around 5 am. And I am an exception, who doesn't have a fixed time for returning. So Mission and Mishra are the active participants of this key-exchange process.

When we get to know about our power feeder box that day we decided to use this as a medium of the key-exchange. The whole concept is to use the feeder box as a locker where we will place the door key, and lock the feeder box with a lock which has 3 duplicate keys. Sounds interesting? Well, we used this trick until the day when I didn't break the lock.

One day, Mission decided to leave us due to the travelling issue from our flat to his office. He planned to shift somewhere near to his office premises. He decided to shift on a weekend. But one day he called me during my office hours to inform me about his sudden alteration of his plan. Instead of shifting over a weekend, he decided to shift that day. We wished a good bye over the call and he left for his new destination. At night when I return back to the flat after finishing my working hours, then I realise I don't have my duplicate key. To be honest, I didn't expect this scenario otherwise I might ask Mission to handover keys in an envelope to the guard. Immediately with hope I made a call to Mishra, if he could send his duplicate key to me. Unfortunately he was also unable. Now I realized nothing would work. So my patience wishpered to sit down and wait for the morning. After waiting for an hour in the lounge, my patience finally give up and I decided to break the lock. And in the very next moment in collaboration with a security guard, for the first time ever, I break the lock. The breaking sound was too lound and several security guard approcahed us. Thankfully I have an eyewitness to support my crime. Otherwise, I could have jailed in a crime of breaking my own lock.



Other posts from this series:

Comments

Post a Comment

Hey, I appreciate that you made some time from your busy schedule and reading this blog.

A BIG THANKS ❤

Hey, have you read these interesting posts?

Shramshakti: The Love 🚆

An unexpected guest 🚪

Kalka-Shimla Mountain Railways 🚞